Crispy Baked Drumsticks with Honey-Mustard Sauce and Vinegary Coleslaw
- 1/3 cup fine dry breadcrumbs, preferably whole-wheat
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 4 chicken drumsticks (about 1 pound total), skin removed, trimmed
- 2 Tbsp nonfat plain yogurt, preferably Greek-style
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp honey
- freshly ground pepper to taste
One portion contains
- 400 calories
- 30 g protein
- 29 g carbohydrates
- 4 g fiber
Crispy Baked Drumsticks
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Coat a wire rack with cooking spray and set it on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Mix breadcrumbs, paprika, onion powder and salt in a shallow dish. Drizzle with oil and mash with a fork until the oil is thoroughly incorporated. Lightly beat egg with a fork in another shallow dish. Dip the drumsticks into the egg, then press into the breading mixture until evenly coated on both sides. (Discard any remaining mixture and/or egg.) Place the chicken on the prepared rack.
- Bake the chicken until golden and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a drumstick without touching bone registers 165°F, 25 to 30 minutes.
- To prepare sauce: Combine yogurt, mustard, honey and pepper in a small bowl. Serve the sauce with the drumsticks.
Whisk vinegar, oil, sugar, mustard, celery seed and salt in a medium bowl. Add cabbage, carrot and onion and toss to coat.