How to keep motivated?
Eric Barker, author of “Barking up the Wrong Tree”, says that “knowing something isn’t enough to cause change. We need to think to plan, but we need to feel to act. Once the thinking part is out of the way, rile up your emotions to get things done.”
- Write down your goals for bringing more energy into your life.
- Cultivate an attitude of positive thinking.
- Keep an eye on your progress – just notice it!
- Plan some specific treats for yourself as a reward.
- The “buddy” system helps. Share your goals with someone.
Feeling re-energized in itself can motivate you to maintain your new healthy habits. Once you start to feel better, you’ll naturally want to keep it coming!
If you have issues with being overweight, consider addressing the matter as it can be a primary cause of sluggishness. Unabated obesity can wreak havoc on your health and metabolism, leading to even further weight gain.