Vegetarian protein choices/meal options

VA Gunner

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Vegetarian protein choices/meal options Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:36 PM (permalink)
Hi, I'm just starting today and have questions about the protein options for me as a lacto-ovo-vegetarian. I use the Boca and Morningstar Farms meat substitutes but I feel with the Almased I'm probably consuming sufficient soy for the day. Do I really need additional protein? I'll make use of some tempeh and eggs, but I think ideally I should be focusing on vegetables for my meal--salad, vegetable soups--and some fruit, correct? thanks very much!
<message edited by Almased_nutritionist on Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:39 AM>

Almased_nutritionist

• Total Posts : 2352
    • Reward points : 0
    Re:Vegetarian protein choices/meal options Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:37 AM (permalink)
    Hello VA Gunner,

For your regular meal, you should consume some protein. In your case, this could be meat substitutes as you mentioned or tofu products, eggs, beans, whole grains etc.
    Almased will provide you with plenty of protein for the meal that is replaced. Nevertheless, you should have protein for the non-Almased meal. In addition, eat lots of veggies. You may have some fruit, however, keep in mind that fruit adds sugar to your diet which may hinder the weight loss process. I would suggest trying some fruit to see how your weight loss process comes along. If you seem to be having a harder time losing weight, you can reduce the amount of fruit and increase your veggie consumption.

Silke
    Almased Nutritionist

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages