We’ve all known that “special” person who can eat second helpings of just about anything and not gain weight. Many of us want to be that person, yet it doesn’t seem possible when we’re still searching for ways to boost fat burn.
What is Adiponectin hormone?
Adiponectin is a hormone created by fat cells, used to regulate metabolic processes, including glucose regulation and fatty acid oxidation, or, how the body uses sugar and fat for energy and weight loss.
Research shows that adipose (white fat) tissue is not just an inert storage depot for lipids but is also a vital endocrine organ that plays a significant role in the integration of endocrine, metabolic, and inflammatory signals for control of energy balance.
Obesity is associated with low adiponectin levels, and adiponectin has been shown to reverse insulin resistance associated with obesity.
Summing up, adiponectin is made in and released from our fat cells, improves insulin sensitivity, and helps us lose fat. How strange that our fat cells help us lose fat! More importantly, how can we make more of it?
Improved nutrition affects adiponectin levels.
Increasing the consumption of “good fats” greatly assists in raising adiponectin levels. Mono-saturated fats like fish oil play a huge role in boosting adiponectin levels.
Other good fats are among the most delicious - avocados, nuts, olives, and olive oil. Use these to replace saturated fats, such as those found in fatty meats and whole fat dairy products.
Other tips to up your adiponectin levels include, drinking coffee (really!), increasing fiber intake, use of the spice turmeric, and the all-time favorite: daily shakes using the natural Almased product.
How to Start a Weight Loss Process
Nutrition can make or break your weight loss program so keep that thought front and center when choosing the diet that suits you best. Are you comfortable counting calories, carbs, or grams of fat? Or do you find it easier to limit your intake to certain types of food groups?
- Eliminate unhealthy foods from your diet. Just say no to junk foods, fried foods, processed, overly sweet and sugar-added foods.
- Learn some healthy food swaps, especially when your sweet tooth calls. Select low glycemic index (low GI) fruits, like fruits with less juice and more higher fiber instead of sugary desserts. Berries are among the lowest GI, but all come with nutrients and fiber. Skip the juicing, eat the whole fruit.
- Nutrient-dense veggies, such as green leafy veggies that contain fiber as well as protein, can help you feel fuller while eating fewer calories and can be included with every meal. Great for snacking, too.
- Portion size matters! Even when choosing only healthy foods, be aware of your portions. Read food labels and check for ingredients, nutrition, and serving sizes.
- Love your lean protein. You probably know the drill: white meat poultry, lean meats, plenty of seafood, and veggie protein like beans, lentils, and soy products.
- Keep it real. Be clear about your weight loss goals and your willingness to achieve them. Include thoughtful strategies and flexibility in your meal planning, busy schedule, eating out and socializing.
- Enjoy your favorite flavors of Almased every day for appetite control and excellent health as well as weight loss and weight management.
Dr. Charles Shively writes that recent research studies have shown one dietary supplement for weight loss and meal replacement with key amino acids can provide the foundation for increased adiponectin availability.
This supplement is the Almased powder used for shake preparations made with unsweetened almond milk, soymilk, or water.
What more motivation could one need to begin their weight loss journey, than the promise of drinking delicious shakes to lose those extra pounds?
Almased even offers The- Bikini-Emergency-Plan for those upcoming special occasions when you want safe, yet rapid weight loss.
Almased ramps up metabolism, banishes cravings, and reduces hunger, making it easy to stick with and incorporate into your lifestyle. Support your adiponectin levels and allow the many flavors of Almased to spark off your weight loss journey.
What's inside your Almased shake could do you a world of good