DAY 7 ON THE 14-DAY FIGURE PLAN! WHOA-HOO!

byebyebackflab

• Total Posts : 58
  • Reward points : 0
DAY 7 ON THE 14-DAY FIGURE PLAN! WHOA-HOO! Thursday, March 17, 2011 5:07 PM (permalink)
feeling pretty amazing!
i am a 5'10" female and started the program last week thursday 3/10/11 at 182lbs. i am down to 175lbs. so that's like 7lbs at a rate of 1lb. a day...not bad i think.  i have been fasting with the 3 a-day shakes mixed with silk vanilla soy milk, but am going to switch tomorrow to 1% organic milk for the 'fat burning' dairy component.
i have been having 'imagine' organic vegetable broth most days, and had their organic potato leek soup a couple of times. now that i finally made the 'homemade' vegetable broth recipe on the almased site...i will stick to that.
i feel like my sodium content will help flush out more, and bring my weight down faster.
also, i DID have a large juicy orange (my 1st solid food since last wednesday) this morning b/c i read that oranges are one of 'the' HIGHEST fat burning foods.
i ate it 'very, very' slowly, chewing thoroughly b4 my morning shake and i didn't experience any spike in my blood sugar, no jitters or dizziness...it felt like i ate nothing. no stomach pains or ab fluctuations either.
amazing. :-)
7 days to go & my fiance will do it with me beginning tomorrow, so i'm pumped.
it'll be great support...him and all of you guys!

Almased_nutritionist

• Total Posts : 2577
    Re:DAY 7 ON THE 14-DAY FIGURE PLAN! WHOA-HOO! Friday, March 18, 2011 9:18 AM (permalink)
    Hello byebyebackflab,

Congratulations on your weight loss success!

If you like vanilla flavor, you can add vanilla extract to your organic milk.
    Do you have diabetes? If so, make sure to check your blood sugar levels before and 2 hrs after the Almased shake. The orange might make your blood sugar spike and therefore can make it harder to lose weight. However, that can vary on an individual basis so you can try it out. If you seem to be having a harder time losing weight, cut down on the fruit and increase the amounts of veggies you eat on a daily basis.

Keep us posted on how you are doing!

Silke
    Almased Nutritionist

momz2boyz

• Total Posts : 13
      Re:DAY 7 ON THE 14-DAY FIGURE PLAN! WHOA-HOO! Friday, March 18, 2011 12:20 PM (permalink)
      Welcome bybyebackflab!!!!
      congrats on the weight loss!  Keep it up and keep us posted!
      Brenda

byebyebackflab

Re:DAY 7 ON THE 14-DAY FIGURE PLAN! WHOA-HOO! Friday, March 18, 2011 2:16 PM (permalink)
        no, i am not a diabetic. i just have been working a sedentary job for the last decade, plus i'm turning 40 this year and wanna christen it right. ;-)

thanks for the tip with the milk...i was thinking to try it that way.

just to clarify...i have been doing the 'FAST' for the last week...and only had that 1st solid food (an orange) yesterday along with my normal fasting routine.

even though i have perrier, kombucha, coconut water, herbal tea and non-sweetened coffee coming out of my ears...i wanted to chew on something juicy with flavor, but that would still help burn fat. i researched the net and apparently an orange is the top fat burning fruit. something about the breaking down of the fiber action.

also, i have been doing yoga and tricep strengthening moves with my elastic band in my office during lunch since technically, i am done with 'lunch' in 60 seconds flat. lol

i bought the fluidity bar and am doing that 2-3 times a week, so i think my fat loss will continue to be on track. i am completing the fast next thursday and will let you guys know how much more i dropped after my morning weigh in.

thanks for your advice & support Silke.  Almased is awesome...and for the record...I LOVE THE TASTE!!!

(i even love the smell of the powder...you can smell the honey goodness, mmm :-)

p.s.- i have forwarded the almased link to my girlfriend who has diabetes and HIGHLY recommend she try it.

byebyebackflab

Re:DAY 7 ON THE 14-DAY FIGURE PLAN! WHOA-HOO! Friday, March 18, 2011 2:17 PM (permalink)
          thanks Brenda!
          that's super sweet & kind of you.
          good luck to you as well...i will keep you posted and check on you as well.

:-)

momz2boyz

• Total Posts : 13
            Re:DAY 7 ON THE 14-DAY FIGURE PLAN! WHOA-HOO! Saturday, March 19, 2011 7:45 PM (permalink)
            Wow!  You have totally motivated me to get off my bottom and exercise!!!!  You go girl!!!!  You may have already posted, but what is your weight loss goal?  Mine is a lot - over 100 lbs.  I'm not sure I can be on this for that long but it is working and for the most part, easy to follow.  I've "messed" up a time or two but still trying to make good choices.  I just need to start exercising.  You have motivated me!  Can't wait to hear your weight loss next Thursday!  keep it up!
            Brenda

Almased_nutritionist

Re:DAY 7 ON THE 14-DAY FIGURE PLAN! WHOA-HOO! Monday, March 21, 2011 10:05 PM (permalink)
              byebyebackflab

no, i am not a diabetic. i just have been working a sedentary job for the last decade, plus i'm turning 40 this year and wanna christen it right. ;-)

thanks for the tip with the milk...i was thinking to try it that way.

just to clarify...i have been doing the 'FAST' for the last week...and only had that 1st solid food (an orange) yesterday along with my normal fasting routine.

even though i have perrier, kombucha, coconut water, herbal tea and non-sweetened coffee coming out of my ears...i wanted to chew on something juicy with flavor, but that would still help burn fat. i researched the net and apparently an orange is the top fat burning fruit. something about the breaking down of the fiber action.

also, i have been doing yoga and tricep strengthening moves with my elastic band in my office during lunch since technically, i am done with 'lunch' in 60 seconds flat. lol

i bought the fluidity bar and am doing that 2-3 times a week, so i think my fat loss will continue to be on track. i am completing the fast next thursday and will let you guys know how much more i dropped after my morning weigh in.

thanks for your advice & support Silke.  Almased is awesome...and for the record...I LOVE THE TASTE!!!

(i even love the smell of the powder...you can smell the honey goodness, mmm :-)

p.s.- i have forwarded the almased link to my girlfriend who has diabetes and HIGHLY recommend she try it.

Hello byebyebackflab,

An orange might be ok as first solid foods. It really depends on each individual since some people are very sensitive to the fruit sugar (fructose) which is also in an orange. For other recipe ideas for the transition phase, check out our Fasting Figure Plan, especially page 30 & 31 (http://www.almased.com/fi...ing_book%20view1.pdf).
              It is always a great idea to incorporate exercise into a weight loss plan and even if no weight loss is desired!

It's great to hear that you recommend Almased to others :-)

Silke
              Almased Nutritionist

Almased_nutritionist

Re:DAY 7 ON THE 14-DAY FIGURE PLAN! WHOA-HOO! Monday, March 21, 2011 10:07 PM (permalink)
                momz2boyz

Wow!  You have totally motivated me to get off my bottom and exercise!!!!  You go girl!!!!  You may have already posted, but what is your weight loss goal?  Mine is a lot - over 100 lbs.  I'm not sure I can be on this for that long but it is working and for the most part, easy to follow.  I've "messed" up a time or two but still trying to make good choices.  I just need to start exercising.  You have motivated me!  Can't wait to hear your weight loss next Thursday!  keep it up!
                Brenda

Hi Brenda,

Sure you can do it, even with over 100 lbs to lose! It might take a little longer but you can stay on Almased for that long. Try not to focus on the total amount of weight you need to lose. Set realistic goals, one at a time and work yourself up to each individual goal. This is better and feels more efficient than to look at over 100 lbs to lose. Either way, you can do it :-)

Silke
                Almased Nutritionist

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                  • No New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                  • Locked w/ New Messages