How long will it take to see results?

raynimist

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
How long will it take to see results? Monday, March 22, 2010 11:13 PM (permalink)
Good evening,

This is my third full day on the Almased diet.  I have been drinking three Almased drinks per day (8 tablespoons mixed with filtered water and a sprinkle of cinnamon), and drinking vegetable broth and V8 (a total of three veggie drinks a day between the two sources).  I have not had any weight loss or inches lost yet.  I exercised at the gym Saturday and Sunday (40 minutes on the elliptical, burning 450 calories each time, along with weight lifting), and took a long walk at the Zoo with my children today.  When will I begin seeing results?  I have not cheated at all.  I am hoping to lose considerable amounts of fat and continue to tone up at the gym (I am 65-80 pounds overweight now).  Please advise.

Thank you!!  :) 

Almased_nutritionist

• Total Posts : 2482
    Re:How long will it take to see results? Tuesday, March 23, 2010 1:20 PM (permalink)
    Hello raynimist,

Please keep in mind that everyone loses weight in a different manner, so it is hard to expect the same weight loss for each person. What works great for someone might not work for someone else and vice versa. Weight loss depends on a lot of factors, such as how much weight you have to lose to start out with, how well you stick to the diet, what your overall health condition is (such as medication) etc. Therefore, it is hard to give out numbers that fit everyone. On the Almased Synergy Diet, you should see weight loss results within the first week or two.
    Before starting with the liquid diet, it is usually recommended to empty your bowels. You can use cleansing products or if you want to go the natural route, you can drink prune juice. I strongly discourage the use of laxatives for this purpose. Did you empty your bowels before starting the diet? If not, it might be a reason why your weight loss is a little slower.
    Nevertheless, you are currently on day 3, so still at the beginning of the diet. I would give it a few more days. Since you are only consuming liquids, your body might retain fluid which can show on the scale but doesn't tell you much about your weight loss success. Therefore, I would wait a few more days to see if some weight comes of the scale or some inches of your stomach or hips.
    I would also suggest adding olive, canola or flaxseed oil to the shake, about 1 teaspoon of oil in each shake. This provides you with essential fatty acids which are vital for your overall health, might give you more energy and as absurd it might sound, might help with weight loss.

Let me know if any of these suggestions help. Other than that you are doing a great job on the Almased diet!

Almased Nutritionist

ChocolateLover

• Total Posts : 13
      Re:How long will it take to see results? Thursday, March 25, 2010 10:26 PM (permalink)
      Rainymist, how is it going? Don't give up, I hit a plateau a few weeks after I started with Almased but then after 4 days I could tell that I was continuing to lose weight.
      Look at your face and collarbone, that's where I can tell first even if the rest of my body seems to stay the same!
      Good luck!!!

Almased_nutritionist

Re:How long will it take to see results? Friday, March 26, 2010 11:22 AM (permalink)
        Great advice ChocolateLover!

It is also a good idea to check if you have lost inches and not only focus on the scale. I would recommend measuring your inches around stomach and hips once a week since a lot of my customers are losing inches around that area, the so-called abdominal fat. Another way of telling if you are losing weight is if your clothes fit loser.

Almased Nutritionist

LyndaNC

• Total Posts : 4
          Re:How long will it take to see results? Sunday, March 28, 2010 1:57 PM (permalink)
          I have tried every diet aid and "diet" on the market and was getting increasingly frustrated with how even with exercise, I could only lose a pound here and a pound there. I realize that I've gotten older and can't lose weight like I used to but nothing was working. Then I found an ad for Almased. I read all the information and immediately ordered my first can.

I started on Almased last Wednesday  and am thrilled to say that I have already lost 5 pounds. Yes, it was hard the first day but I kept at it. I mixed it with water, which didn't work for me, and also with Vanilla Soy Milk and Almond Breeze, which I wasn't too thrilled about either. Then I found my perfect mixer: Diet V-8 Splash Tropical Blend. It ends up taking like a cream sicle and the juice only has 10 calories, 2g sugar, 0 fat and 40 mg sodium per 8 ounces. I love it! I'm also drinking lots of water during the day vegetable broth (organic unsalted) if I get hungry. I choose to now drink it in the morning, eat lunch and then drink it again for dinner.

Not only am I losing weight, but I'm sleeping again and just generally feel better overall. It had gotten to the point where every time I ate something with sugar in it, I would get so sleepy that I would pass out on the couch. I'd awaken 2 hours later and then couldn't sleep the rest of the night. Not anymore! :)

admin

• Total Posts : 78
            Re:How long will it take to see results? Monday, March 29, 2010 10:31 AM (permalink)
            Welcome to the Forum Lynda! We are happy that Almased works so well for you! It is always good to experiment until you have found a way to prepare the shake that works best for you, and it sounds like you did. I actually want to try it out your way because I love cream sicles! Keep up the good work and once you have reached your goal weight, you can even send us your story and before and after pictures if you want to share them, and we would put them on our website and in our newsletter.
            Keep us posted how things are going!

Almased

LyndaNC

Re:How long will it take to see results? Saturday, April 03, 2010 9:56 AM (permalink)
              Thank you! I have to admit, I was skeptical about this really working but I am now addicted..lol!  I ran out of Almased about 2 days ago so have been trying to hang in there with different protein shakes, and eating once a day, until it gets here. I've definitely learned from experience to order twice as much as you need. :)

Have lost 2 more pounds as of today - 7 pounds in 10 days!

irishkate89

Re:How long will it take to see results? Thursday, October 06, 2011 9:43 AM (permalink)
                  Thank you for the recipe, today is my 1st day & I used Almond milk needless to say I couldn't drink the whole thing. So I went to the store & bought some diet V8 Splash...it's going to be my lunch!!! So excited to try it, thanks again for the input.

Almased_nutritionist

Re:How long will it take to see results? Thursday, October 06, 2011 10:27 AM (permalink)
                  Hello irishkate89,

You also may want to try adding different flavors to your Almased shake, such as cinnamon, ground flaxseeds, vanilla extract, unsweetened cocoa powder etc. If you browse through the forum posts, you will see many other shake recipe suggestions from Almased users.

Silke
                  Almased Nutritionist

Sweet_Pee

• Total Posts : 3
                    Re:How long will it take to see results? Wednesday, January 22, 2014 10:51 PM (permalink)
                    Lynda

Thank you for sharing! Your comment has me very inspired on my new journey! I, too, have found myself in a very horrible sleeping pattern! Will try the Diet V8 Splash!

Thank you!
                    Samantha

Sweet_Pee

• Total Posts : 3
                      Re:How long will it take to see results? Wednesday, January 22, 2014 10:52 PM (permalink)
                      Is it okay to add Chia seeds?

Almased_nutritionist

Re:How long will it take to see results? Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:47 AM (permalink)
                        Hi Sweet_Pee, 

Yes, absolutely ok to add Chia seeds into the shakes. In fact, you can add 1-2 tbsp for fiber and taste. 

Jamie, RD, LDN
                        Nutritionist

geri

• Total Posts : 1
                          Re:How long will it take to see results? Wednesday, February 05, 2014 3:35 PM (permalink)
                          Hi Everyone,
                          I am on day 3 and i had to hold my nose to drink the almased with water.  I am a little confused because they say not to use fruit but doesnt the V8 splash have  fruit in it?  I couldnt find V8 splash so i got diet cranberry but now i dont know if i should use that.  It tastes really good with it.  A little confused help!

Almased_nutritionist

Re:How long will it take to see results? Tuesday, February 11, 2014 10:47 AM (permalink)
                            geri

Hi Everyone,
                            I am on day 3 and i had to hold my nose to drink the almased with water.  I am a little confused because they say not to use fruit but doesnt the V8 splash have  fruit in it?  I couldnt find V8 splash so i got diet cranberry but now i dont know if i should use that.  It tastes really good with it.  A little confused help!

Hello Geri, 

Have you tried mixing Almased with skim, soy, or unsweetened almond milk with a dash of cinnamon and a tsp of vanilla extract? That seems to be a favorite with most of the people who use Almased. You can also add half diet v8 splash with half water, if you prefer a more fruity flavor instead of almond milk. It is okay to have fruit infused flavors and extracts since it has an insignificant amount of sugar, but fruits as a whole should be avoided on a diet program since it adds sugar and calories, which can interfere with weight loss. 

The v8 that we are recommend is 100% veggie juice (low-sodium) as an alternative to homemade veggie broth that we recommend. 

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Jamie
                            Almased Nutritionist

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 3 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                              • No New Messages
                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                              • Locked w/ New Messages