taste

ddm11

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
taste Tuesday, February 19, 2013 12:23 PM (permalink)
Hello, I just stared this program. Doing the bikini plan.I cannot get past the taste , can you add fruits to the mix? I dont like the cinnamon or the cocoa in it?
Also can you drink coffee ( i usually have one cup a day)

Almased_nutritionist

• Total Posts : 2494
    Re:taste Wednesday, February 20, 2013 5:12 PM (permalink)
    Hello ddm11,

Sorry to hear that you don't like the taste. It can be an acquired taste at first but you do get used to it.
    What do you mix Almased with?
    You can try different liquids besides water, such as flavored water, milk, almond milk etc. There are lots of different flavors you can mix in Almased. I encourage you to read through some forum posts to see how others mix Almased as well as check out our Fasting Figure Plan for more recipe ideas, starting on page 20: http://www.almased.com/fi...0Fasting_low%20res.pdf
    I would refrain from adding fruit, especially if you have diabetes, since it may increase your blood sugar level and will make it harder to lose weight. However, if you are not too sensitive to fruit, you may try adding fruit to see how your weight loss process is coming along.

Silke
    Almased Nutritionist

CanDo

• Total Posts : 4
      Re:taste Sunday, March 03, 2013 4:59 PM (permalink)
      Silke, this person who asked about the taste - this is the reason I registered for this forum.  I have already used it for a week a few weeks ago with great success (lost 9 pounds) and now I'm back for more.  The first week I used only water or skim or almond milk (not any of the recipes) an occasionally some cinnamon, but I never did get past the taste.  Just had to hold my breath and drink.  Any other flavor suggestions?  I just tried the coffee drink recipe but the Almased flavor still comes through.

CanDo 

Larkspurlady

• Total Posts : 116
        Re:taste Tuesday, March 05, 2013 8:14 PM (permalink)
        I'm not crazy about the taste/texture either.  I add a little Stevia sweetner (allowed) and almond extract or vanilla extract - makes it much easier going down!

Almased_nutritionist

• Total Posts : 2494
          Re:taste Thursday, March 07, 2013 2:32 PM (permalink)
          CanDo

Silke, this person who asked about the taste - this is the reason I registered for this forum.  I have already used it for a week a few weeks ago with great success (lost 9 pounds) and now I'm back for more.  The first week I used only water or skim or almond milk (not any of the recipes) an occasionally some cinnamon, but I never did get past the taste.  Just had to hold my breath and drink.  Any other flavor suggestions?  I just tried the coffee drink recipe but the Almased flavor still comes through.

CanDo 

Hello CanDo,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having a harder time with the taste. You can browse some more through the forum since a lot of customers describe how they are mixing Almased.
          Some people like it milk based, e.g. with almond milk. Others are ok drinking it with water. You can also use flavored water or mix unsweetened cocoa powder for a chocolate flavor. 2 Tbsp of ground flaxseeds will give it a nutty flavor and also add fiber and omega-3s to the shake. You could also try 2-3 tsp of peanut butter.
          My favorite at the moment is Almased mixed in water with Amazing Grass chocolate green powder.

Silke
          Almased Nutritionist

Sassy1

• Total Posts : 14
            Re:taste Saturday, May 11, 2013 10:44 AM (permalink)
            Hello ddm11.  I also had a problem with the taste and smell.  I finally found a system that works for me.  I use bottled water, vanilla extract, and a tsp of cheesecake flavor sugar free jello pudding mix and also a little bit of stevia.  Put this in  blender with some ice and it is almost delish.  It cuts the smell and taste.  Try it.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message