Still hungry and concerned

screkas

• Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
Still hungry and concerned Tuesday, February 12, 2013 2:12 PM (permalink)
Hey all,

I am on my 6th day using Almased and I have a few concerns. The first 3 days went by really well, I lost about 4 pounds, wasn't hungry and the last few days I would be starving even after taking the shake. I cheated once and ate a sandwich because I couldn't take it anymore.

Today I took the shake at 11:30 and it is not even been two hours since I drank it and I want food. I drink water in between meals as well as tea. I also gained 2 pounds back. I am wondering if I am doing something wrong. It is hard to stay on this diet when I feel like it isn't working for me anymore.

I take 7 tablespoons a day and I am under 5'6", I am 5'2". I am 172 pounds and want to loose about 40. Please help me in figuring out what I could be doing wrong and why I still feel hungry! I want this diet to work more than anything. Thanks!
One more thing when you mean tablespoons do you mean tablespoons that you use to eat with or a different form of them? my friend recommended me to Almased and she says the tablespoons are way bigger than the ones I put in. It would be great for some clarifications :)
-Samantha 
<message edited by screkas on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 2:40 PM>

Almased_nutritionist

• Total Posts : 2531
    Re:Still hungry and concerned Tuesday, February 12, 2013 2:41 PM (permalink)
    Hello screkas,

First of all, congratulations on your weight loss success thus far
    The weight you "gained" is most likely water that your body retained after eating solid foods. Especially on a liquid diet, your water weight might fluctuate which can be seen on the scale and mistakenly taken as weight gain.
    In reference to your hunger, I recommend taking 8 Tbsp of Almased per shake since this is the average serving size that will fill you up better and also may help with the weight loss. In addition, I suggest adding 1-2 tsp of oil, such as flaxseed or olive oil, to the shake. You can also add 2 Tbsp of ground flaxseeds for added fiber. This should help keeping you full. Also, I strongly encourage drinking vegetable broth in between shakes. This will also help with curbing appetite and provide antioxidants.
    You may want to check out our Fasting Figure Plan for more detailed information on the diet: http://www.almased.com/fi...0Fasting_low%20res.pdf
    Don't give up, you are on the right track.

Silke
    Almased Nutritionist

screkas

• Total Posts : 4
      Re:Still hungry and concerned Tuesday, February 12, 2013 2:48 PM (permalink)
      Thank you for such a quick response! I will add the 8 tbsp a day to each drink. For the broth, it is completely fine to have V8? It is easier for me to drink that due to my busy schedule and barely being home. Also which will taste better when adding to the shake the oil or the flaxseeds? Is there another way to take either of these without adding them to the drink? Also for the tbsp are the tablespoons that you would use to eat with to measure out the powder or is it another measuring device? I was told the tbsp that I use to put in my drinks is too little.

Thanks again!

Almased_nutritionist

• Total Posts : 2531
        Re:Still hungry and concerned Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:02 PM (permalink)
        Screkas,

Ideally, homemade veggie broth is best. You can even make a big batch of the broth so that it will last you for a few days. However, if this is not possible, you can drink 100% V8 juice, low in sodium or better even, get a 100% vegetable juice from the health food store.
        The oil is a personal preference. Some people don't like the stronger taste of olive oil and therefore use flaxseed oil. In reference to the ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids, the flaxseed oil would be a better choice. If you don't like to add the oils to the shake, you can also use them in the vegetable broth or juice. Just be mindful that the flaxseed oil can't be heated or added to hot liquids/foods. You could take omega-3 supplements but the oil will help with keeping you full.
        The Tbsp measures I was referring to are the regular tablespoon measures that you use for cooking or baking, there is no difference.

Silke
        Almased Nutritionist

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages