Side effects

Pamela

• Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 0
Side effects Friday, March 30, 2012 12:09 AM (permalink)
I am seeing a few threads discussing constipation.  Is this what I can expect?  Are there other side effects?  I only read about headaches for the few few days.

Almased_nutritionist

• Total Posts : 2488
    Re:Side effects Friday, March 30, 2012 4:11 PM (permalink)
    Hello Pamela,

You don't have to expect being constipated. Almased does not contain a lot of fiber, so if someone doesn't add fiber (e.g. 2 T ground flaxseeds) to the shake or get it from other food sources, they may become constipated. However, some customers also might not be truly constipated but have less bowel movements which can be because of eating less solid foods. I wouldn't worry about this beforehand. Just make sure to consume fiber and drink plenty of fluids throughout the day. Being active also helps with staying regular.
    There are really any side effects of Almased unless you are allergic to the ingredients or not taking in enough fiber and fluid. The headaches can come from free radicals that build up during the liquid diet phase. That's why it is important to drink vegetable broth and lots of other liquids.

Silke
    Almased Nutritionist

Weezie97

• Total Posts : 4
      Re:Side effects Sunday, September 09, 2012 10:32 AM (permalink)
      I have been on Almased for a two day fast taking it with Flax-seed oil like it recommends and I have uncontrollable diarrhea and charlie horse muscle cramps in my calves. I'm 65 and coming off of eating lots of sugery foods. Decided to eat a bowl of Quinoa with a little chicken, cauliflower and broccoli to see if it abated the diarrhea. Not a pleasant subject I know and I believe in this product. I think meal replacement for me will be best. Please let me know if anyone else experienced this. I have been drinking lots of water also. Thanks for any advice.

Almased_nutritionist

Re:Side effects Monday, September 10, 2012 3:48 PM (permalink)
        Hello Weezie97,

The flaxseed oil shouldn't contribute to your diarrhea unless you take in excess amounts. How much of the oil are you taking on a daily basis. Flaxseed oil other than flaxseeds, doesn't contain any fiber but provides your body with essential fatty acids (omega 3s & 6s).
        What else do you mix with Almased &  how much Almased are you taking? How tall are you?
        Your stool might be looser due to the increased amount of fluids but it shouldn't be full blown diarrhea. How long have you had diarrhea? If this doesn't get better than you should incorporate one regular meal to your diet and have Almased twice per day.

Silke
        Almased Nutritionist

Weezie97

Re:Side effects Monday, September 10, 2012 4:07 PM (permalink)
          I did two days of the fast. Started late on Fri. So did two shakes....I'm 5' so I did 6T Per shake, 1t. Oil per shake. Then on Saturday I did 3 shakes and made the veggie broth and only had 2 cups of that. I also added some cinnamon and almond extract. Drank lots of water...probably 84 oz. for the day. Woke up Sunday morning, 5:30am with the runs......literally. NOT GOOD!! Good cleanser, I'll give it that. No cramps, just runs. Ate some quinoua with a little chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, and that helped take care of it. Not sure what to make of this. I love the idea of it but a little leary now. I don't want to be changing anymore sheets. :-). Please advise.
          Thank you for responding.

Almased_nutritionist

Re:Side effects Monday, September 10, 2012 4:23 PM (permalink)
            Hello Weezie97,

Having diarrhea on Almased is very unusual unless you are sensitive or allergic to any of the ingredients. Have you problems with digesting diary products? What did you mix Almased with? I suggest mixing it in water only (bottled or filtered).
            For some customers the fast might not be ideal, in that case I recommend incorporating one regular meal as you did and have Almased twice per day.

Silke
            Almased Nutritionist

Weezie97

Re:Side effects Monday, September 10, 2012 9:36 PM (permalink)
              Almased_nutritionist

Hello Weezie97,

Having diarrhea on Almased is very unusual unless you are sensitive or allergic to any of the ingredients. Have you problems with digesting diary products? What did you mix Almased with? I suggest mixing it in water only (bottled or filtered).
              For some customers the fast might not be ideal, in that case I recommend incorporating one regular meal as you did and have Almased twice per day.

Silke 
              It didnt start until 24 hrs. in so I figured it was a good cleanse. I have never had a dairy issue. I mixed Almased with bottled water. I did get some Greek yogurt and the meal I ate corrected everything. I'm good now and figure I will have it as a meal replacement. Thanks for the advice. 
              Weezie97

JAM

• Total Posts : 1
                Re:Side effects Monday, March 18, 2013 8:53 AM (permalink)
                I was wondering the same thing.  The first 2 days I had loose stools expected  due to the cleans.  Now 3 days later-NOTHING.  I asked my husband if I should take a laxative-he said. Well you're fasting so you probably won't have one.  You're not eating any food.  I tried ground flaxmeal, but I couldn't take the texture.  So I add 1 TBS of olive oil instead.   I add 6 T of Almased per 'meal' and drink 4 cups of veg broth, plus 34 oz of mineral water.  Should I be concerned?

Almased_nutritionist

Re:Side effects Monday, March 18, 2013 3:17 PM (permalink)
                  Hello JAM,

I don't think you have to be concerned at this point if you are not feeling bloated and truly constipated.
                  Have you tried chia seeds or psyllium husk instead of ground flaxseeds? The olive oil won't help with adding fiber to your diet, so you can use 1-2 tsp of the oils.
                  If the other options don't help, you can drink a glass of prune juice with a big glass of water afterwards. That should help things moving. 
                  In addition, try to stay as active as possible and walk as much as you can.

Silke
                  Almased Nutritionist

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                    • No New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                    • Locked w/ New Messages