What can I add to the shakes?

367buckridge

• Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 0
What can I add to the shakes? Saturday, January 07, 2012 1:42 PM (permalink)
I am on day 4 and so far its going really well. I am doing 3 shakes per day with Skim milk (0% fat). I was looking for Walnut oil and the store was out of stock but they did have some Hazelnut oil. That adds a nice unique taste. Its not sweet like Hazelnut cream for your coffee. I am exercising every day with either an hour on my elliptical or an hour or more of outside yard work (its been warm here in PA). As of last night (day 3) I lost 5 lbs. 

I am trying to keep my shakes a little different each meal. I have some chocolate powder (no sugar, just cocoa flavor) that works well. I tried some cinnamon with good success. Today's lunch shake was awesome. I used a little cinnamon, a little ginger and a tbsp of Molasses. That was the best shake yet. Here's my question... Is adding the Molasses a no-no? what is everyone else doing to spice things up a little?

Jeff

Almased_nutritionist

• Total Posts : 2591
    • Reward points : 0
    Re:What can I add to the shakes? Monday, January 09, 2012 11:32 AM (permalink)
    Hello Jeff,

Congratulations on your weight loss success thus far! Seems like you are doing great.
    And your shakes sound really delicious.
    The only thing about molasses is that it adds quite a few carbohydrates to your diet. In 1 Tablespoon are 15 g of carbs, about the same if not more than in regular sugar. You may want to reduce the serving size some, especially if you have diabetes.
    The downside of hazelnut oil is that it doesn't contain any omega-3 fatty acids (only omega-6). That's why flaxseed oil would be even better or walnut and olive oil.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Silke
    <message edited by Almased_nutritionist on Monday, January 09, 2012 11:34 AM>
    Almased Nutritionist

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages