Can Almased be...yummier?

Fawne

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Can Almased be...yummier? Thursday, October 06, 2011 9:54 AM (permalink)
Hello everyone!

I have only recently jumped on the Almased bandwagon and I am thrilled that there is a healthy, simple way to work my way down to my ideal weight. I understand the plan, can work it in to my schedule, and have prepared myself to take on this journey to the best of my ability. I have, however, hit a snag and perhaps it is a snag that some of you can relate to;

It tastes...terrible.

Maybe the taste isn't the problem. Maybe it's the texture. But in any case, I have had quite a difficult time encouraging myself to swallow my ten ounces of what smells like..well..breast milk. Perhaps I'm crazy, but I really have been fighting with how to make Almased taste well enough that I don't dread my meals. I'm afraid that if I can't find a way to increase the yumminess factor, just a little, that I might give up on it altogether.

I understand that Almased was made without nasty sugars to keep it as natural as possible, and therefore as healthy for your body as possible. However, does anyone recommend some flavorings that might help this poor young woman actually enjoy taking her Almased? Generally, I'm not at home when I have my meals as I work frequently, so I do not have a blender handy when I make this and need a quick fix such as a spice or fruit juice. I know the pamphlet recommends cinnamon; has anyone had luck with that? And if so, how much?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! ^_^

Almased_nutritionist

• Total Posts : 2574
    Re:Can Almased be...yummier? Thursday, October 06, 2011 10:48 AM (permalink)
    Hello Fawne,

You are not the only one trying to find the right flavor for your Almased shake.
    The beauty of Almased is that it doesn't come in a specific flavor and is as natural as possible. Therefore, you have a wide array of things you can mix and flavor it with.
    The typical flavors are cinnamon, vanilla or almond extract, ground flaxseeds and unsweetened cocoa powder. You only need a few drops of the extracts, about 1/2 tsp - 1 tsp of cinnamon or cocoa powder and 2 Tbsp of ground flaxseeds per shake.
    I've also tried my Almased shake with some dashes of ground nutmeg or turmeric. Some customers have used about 2 tsp of natural peanut butter (or any other kind of nut butter). For a fruity flavor, Crystal Light Pure and Diet V8 Splash have been used.
    For more special Almased shake recipes, I also encourage you to check out the Almased Fasting Figure Plan starting on page 20 (http://www.almased.com/files/cm/Figure%20Plan_Fasting_book%20view.pdf).

Don't give up on the taste! Sometimes it takes a few shakes to get used to the more "earthy" flavor of Almased.
    If you don't like the texture, I suggest purchasing a BlenderBottle® which will make your shake creamy without the need of an electrical outlet, so you can take it with you to work. You can purchase the BlenderBottle® at supplement stores as well as on our website https://www.almased.com/order-now.aspx.

Let us know what your favorite Almased shake will be!

Silke
    Almased Nutritionist

Pegruns2

• Total Posts : 43
      Re:Can Almased be...yummier? Saturday, November 05, 2011 8:26 PM (permalink)
      Thanks' for the suggestions... on the link.  Thank's Fawne for asking the question about flavors... I hadn't brought the almased yet, been kind of reading up on as much as I can first to see if this is what I need to do to help me loose some much needed weight.  but if it taste that bland, So I too will definatly have to add flavor as well.  The ones made with coconut milk, Mint tea and the chocolate might be worth a try for me.   

Almased_nutritionist

Re:Can Almased be...yummier? Monday, November 07, 2011 11:58 AM (permalink)
        Hello Pegruns2,

I would suggest trying Almased with different liquids and flavors to see which one is your preference. You may like it in just water! Or you may prefer the coconut milk and mint tea version.
        You can try the recipes in our Fasting Figure Plan for more suggestions!

Silke
        <message edited by Almased_nutritionist on Monday, November 07, 2011 11:59 AM>
        Almased Nutritionist

Pegruns2

Re:Can Almased be...yummier? Monday, November 07, 2011 6:21 PM (permalink)
          what about those Flavored Green Tea bag's... What I do is buy the ones that have the flavors but not the sugar and put them in a glass of Ice and water and let them cold steep at work especially.  it's alot like (refrigerator tea) Tho I generally use tap water, I think  bottled water will work.  And when the tea has reached the strength of the flavor then I could put it in the blender with the Almased and ice. 

Almased_nutritionist

Re:Can Almased be...yummier? Tuesday, November 08, 2011 11:12 AM (permalink)
            Hello Peg,

Yes, you can definitely do that. Just make sure to let the tea cool down and use either bottled or filtered water to be on the safe side.

Let us know how it'll taste

Silke
            Almased Nutritionist

Pegruns2

Re:Can Almased be...yummier? Tuesday, November 08, 2011 11:32 AM (permalink)
              If you do refrigerator tea, you don't have to heat it...the tea bag(s) just soaks in the water.  its still as good as heating it, and I don't always like hot teas. 
              I do it that way at work,  beause going to the cafeteria is not always practial. But we do have filtered water ice machines on the floors.            

tewing

• Total Posts : 2
                Re:Can Almased be...yummier? Tuesday, November 08, 2011 12:16 PM (permalink)
                Can you add Sugar Free flavors like the Torani Syrups you get to flavor coffee's?  Zero calories and Zero carbs, and they come in tons of flavors, i did Chocolate this morning and it was yummy!!!!

Almased_nutritionist

Re:Can Almased be...yummier? Tuesday, November 08, 2011 1:47 PM (permalink)
                  Hello tewing,

You can use those syrups to flavor the Almased shake with. It will not affect your weight loss process in a negative way. However, keep in mind that the sugar free syups are sweetened with Splenda which is an artificial sweetener that is still being discussed about its possible negative health effects. I would suggest using something with a natural sweetener, like Stevia or Monk Fruit. This is my personal opinion.

Silke
                  Almased Nutritionist

stellasmom

Re:Can Almased be...yummier? Monday, November 21, 2011 5:43 PM (permalink)
                    I know what you mean about the smell. I am trying to not breath through my nose when drinking.
                    I have mixed my 8 TBS with a flavored water. I tastes great. I also have added cocoa powder and cinnamon. Also really good.

One of the pamplets you can get for free has some yummy recipes for flavored shakes. I would suggest that you might try to access that information.

Stellasmom

Almased_nutritionist

Re:Can Almased be...yummier? Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:01 AM (permalink)
                      Hello stellasmom,

The brochure you are referring to in reference to the Almased smoothie recipes is the Fasting Figure Plan that you can download on our website http://www.almased.com/files/cm/Figure%20Plan_Fasting_book%20view.pdf, starting on page 20.

Silke
                      Almased Nutritionist

Aeo71

Re:Can Almased be...yummier? Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:40 AM (permalink)
                        I have also been on the warpath to create a better tasting shake!  I want to stick with it and know I never will if I can't get it to taste better.

I have been mixing 6 oz. Almond Breeze milk, 6 oz. dasani bottled water, flaxseed oil, 1 tsp. orange extract, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, about 4 dashes of pumpkin pie spice, and a little less than a Tbs. of Raw Agave nectar.  My boyfriend said the shake taste like liquefied McDonaldland cookies - and I agree... so now tell me how many rules am I breaking???  Haha!

I also wanted to ask if Truvia is okay to use?  And what about drinking Crystal Light to help with getting all your liquids in?

Thanks!
                        Alison

Almased_nutritionist

Re:Can Almased be...yummier? Tuesday, January 17, 2012 1:00 PM (permalink)
                          Hello Alison,

There a lot of different flavors and ways you can mix Almased with. You can browse through the forum to get more tips and suggestions from other users. You could try different liquids to start out with, e.g. skim milk, soy milk, rice milk or just water. You can use different flavors, e.g. cinnamon, unsweetened cocoa powder, 1-2 tsp of peanut butter, almond extract. The list is long. I don't know what you usually prefer, so I encourage you to try different variations.
                          I also suggest checking out the Fasting Figure Plan with Almased shake recipes starting on page 20 (http://www.almased.com/files/cm/Figure%20Plan_Fasting_book%20view.pdf).

Yes, Truvia is ok to sweeten your shake. You may use Crystal Light in your water. You can try Crystal Light Pure which is naturally sweetened with sugar and Truvia. However, it would be best if most of your liquids would come from plain water and unsweetened tea.

Let us know if that will work.

Silke
                          Almased Nutritionist

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                            • No New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages