Day 2 on Fast

PizzaGal

• Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
Day 2 on Fast Friday, March 02, 2012 9:29 AM (permalink)
Hello,
I am just starting the 3 day fast portion of my almased journey.

Yesterday was Day 1 on the fast.  Drinking 3 Almased shakes mixed with Unsweetened Almond Milk, Cinnamon, and Vanilla Extract.  Also drinking tons of homemade Vegetable Broth.  I made two large pots of broth and stored it all in huge tupperware containers so that I have it when I need it.  I actually look forward to the vegetable broth.  It is so delicious and soothing.

Today is day 2.  Doing well so far.

PizzaGal

Re:Day 2 on Fast Friday, March 02, 2012 9:39 AM (permalink)
    Forgot to mention... After 3 days on this fast, I plan to begin Atkins by eliminating all carbs from my daily food intake for only 14 days.  I was thinking of starting with the replacing 2 meals a day with Almased shakes and eating one healthy meal a day, but I didn't have much luck with weight loss when I did that many months ago.  So, I am going to kickstart my metabolism with the fast for 3 days and then start Atkins for 14 days.

I love the shakes though and I am not certain if I am going to be able to give them up while doing Atkins.  Maybe I can give them up for the first 14 days of Atkins, and then go back to drinking them once a day as a meal replacement. 

I have 15 pounds to lose.  Yesterday, I weighed in at 160 pounds.  I am hoping for some weight loss when I weigh in after the three day fast.  I will repost my weigh-in on Sunday.

Almased_nutritionist

• Total Posts : 2482
      Re:Day 2 on Fast Friday, March 02, 2012 10:04 AM (permalink)
      Hello PizzaGal,

I don't necessarily agree with eliminating carbs from your diet, however, this is my personal opinion. Different bodily functions need carbohydrates. It is important to focus on the source and types of carbohydrates, e.g. whole grains. I would suggest having at least one Almased shake during those 14 days but if you want to follow a strict Atkins diet, you may skip the Almased shakes and restart with them twice per day and eating one regular meal after the 14 days.

Silke
      Almased Nutritionist

PizzaGal

Re:Day 2 on Fast Friday, March 02, 2012 10:43 AM (permalink)
        Thanks!  I too don't necessarily agree with eliminating carbs either.  But I am trying to reach a weight loss goal.  I figure if I can get the weight down, I can then begin to incorporate healthy whole grain carbs.  And Almased is definitely a part of that incorporation.

PizzaGal

Weigh in after 3 day fast Monday, March 05, 2012 8:59 AM (permalink)
          Started first day of fast at 160 pounds.  Weighed in after 3 full days of fast... 159.
          OMG!  I am totally disappointed!  I can't believe that I fasted for 3 days and only lost a single pound. 

Going to try Atkins from here on out.

Almased_nutritionist

• Total Posts : 2482
            Re:Weigh in after 3 day fast Monday, March 05, 2012 12:32 PM (permalink)
            Hello PizzaGal,

I'm sorry that you are disappointed. I can understand that you were expecting more weight loss during those 3 days but you could have retained more water which weighed in on the scale and therefore "only" showed 1 lbs weight loss.
            The scale is not as accurate, especially when on a liquid diet where you may retain more liquid, since it doesn't show water fluctuations etc.
            So you may have actually lost more than what the scale shows. I would also measure your inches around stomach and hips to see if you are losing the so-called abdominal fat.
            Don't be too harsh on yourself, you are just at the beginning and you've lost some weight which is great

Silke
            Almased Nutritionist

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages